“maybe there is more to a person than a body and a mind. maybe something else figures into the mix— not a soul, exactly, but a spirit that hints you might one day be greater, stronger than you are now. a promise; a potential.” —Jodi Picoult (via themoonlostafaerie)
- William Douglas Street: You got that good hair, too.
- You like what?
- William Douglas Street: I like girls with that light complexion look.
- Ah man, you're a moron.
- William Douglas Street: I can't help it.
- What, being a moron?
- William Douglas Street: Yeah, that too.
- You're the first one out there with a dashiki talking that crap.
- William Douglas Street: I'm a victim!
- Good hair...Nigga you so brainwashed...
- William Douglas Street: I'm a victim brotha!
- That's the problem. You're a victim? Shut up.
- William Douglas Street: Yeah! I'm a victim of 400 years of conditioning. The man has programmed my conditioning. Even my conditioning has been conditioned.
“That you can’t fight City Hall is a rumor being spread by City Hall.” —Audre Lorde (via fuckyeahlesbianliterature)